Donorbox

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Brief update

I realized it has been more than a few days since I updated, so I figured it was time for a quick post from me before Graham resumes his Photo of the Day posts.

I realized a little more than a week ago that my maternity leave was rapidly coming to an end.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!! ::kicking and screaming::

On one hand, I'm looking forward to being around adults again. My favorite day of the week has been Wednesday because I was attending a breastfeeding support group at the hospital where I delivered Nanner. It's been great to talk with other moms and see babies of different ages and all the things I get to look forward to in the coming months. I also got to catch up with a mom who was in my labor & delivery class. She had her daughter about a month after Nanner was born, and it's been fun to sit and catch up with her.

But on the other hand....I'm not emotionally ready to leave my little one. Physically and mentally, it's go time. It's tugging at my heartstrings when I think about the things I'm going to miss. She's so close to rolling over, and each day her head and neck control gets better and better. I'm not mad that Graham's going to see those things first, I'm just sad I'm going to miss the first time she does them.

I don't necessarily want to be a stay-at-home mom. I think I'd get bored. As it is, when she naps I don't always know what to do with myself. I don't think I'd mind working part-time, though. If I could find something in mornings or afternoons a few days a week, I'd take it in a heartbeat. It'd be the best of both worlds! Grown up conversation and interaction, and a few days with mah beh-beh.

I feel a little better about going back to work, though, because we finally have "a plan" for me. I'm a little nervous about how things will work out, but Graham is confident that things will work out. As it is, yesterday I got an opportunity emailed to me, so hey! Maybe things will be alright. Not to get all preachy on you, but I know my God is going to take care of us. I'm nervous, but I was also incredibly nervous that Hannah would be born with major health and genetic problems, and even though she's almost 3 months old, she's doing alright so far. My faith is really getting me through right now.

So...now that that's out of the way, I think I'm gonna go cuddle on my baby. She's waking up from her nap, and I don't want to waste any of my maternity leave.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh. Worst day ever. I am thinking about you honey.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. For serious.