Donorbox

Friday, September 2, 2011

Life's Lessons: End of Summer Edition


Life With Baby Donut


I cannot believe it's September. Wow. I can't even wrap my mind around this.

1. Summer passes much more slowly when you're unemployed. But not nearly as slow as if I was unemployed through forces other than my own.

2. Speaking of employment, I start my new job on the 12th. Wahoo!

3. This summer has given us time to relax as a family, have some day trips and a mini-cation, and enjoy the lazy days as they come.

4. It's also given me time to make ice cream. Homemade. Ice Cream.

5. Which, btw, isn't exactly "easy".

6. But once you get the hang of it, it's not all that hard, either.

7. Speaking of summer and the end, pumpkin spice lattes are back at Starbucks. Oh geez....

8. Those are the death of me every year. Oh, I do love them.

9. As I'm writing this, I'm listening to The Warblers. Hannah? Oh, she's rocking out.

10. I need to keep my camera handy for moments such as these.

6 comments:

  1. Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Sigh. The ultimate holiday goodness.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love pumpkin spice lattes! When I asked my Starbucks if they had them yet they said no! :( Just found your blog through this linky-new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must be the only one who hasn't yet tasted the pumpkin spice latte and I don't know why b/c I love anything pumpkin. I guess I don't hang out at Starbuck's as much as I used to!

    Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade ice cream? Mmmmmmmm! Oh, and thanks for the "head's up" about the pumpkin spice lattes. Guess I know what I'll be ordering before my Monday night Bible studies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new job!! As for homemade ice cream, yum! My FIL makes some at least once a year. It's great!

    But pumpkin spice lattes.....I've never had those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new job! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. For serious.