Donorbox

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Birthday Photos

I didn't meant to wait so long on posting photos, but life just got in the way. Anyway, the photos are still timely. My birthday was only a week ago today, man.

Graham knows I love getting flowers, so he surprised me with a bouquet of my very favorite flowers.


He also got me a mix of daisies, carnations, and orchids! They're gorgeous and still doing remarkably well a week later.



This is my birthday cake. I told him he could just pick up a boxed cake from the freezer section at the Jewel, but he wanted to stand out just a bit this year. This was the first birthday he'd planned for me in all the years we've been together.


Obligatory photo of me standing with my flowers and cake.


Obligatory "blowing out the candles" photo.


Overall, it was a great birthday. It was nice to spend the day together. Next year it's going to be a Monday, and part of me wants us both to take the entire day off work. We'll see. Since I'll be "pushing 30" in Grahamspeak, maybe I'll be depressed enough to stay home and watch Maury? We shall see.

Today we went for a nice long bike ride in Willow Springs, along the I & M Canal and Centennial trails. I've been riding my bike to work and back for weeks, but each time we wanted to go for a bike ride something happened and we weren't able to go. It was great to finally get out and ride together.

Coming up on Memorial Day weekend...we're both looking forward to the long weekend. It's been far too long since we spent a long weekend together. Hopefully we'll get plenty of lounging and relaxing in!

1 comment:

  1. The flowers are beautiful...way to go Graham!
    And I love love love your shirt -- so fun.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. For serious.