Donorbox

Sunday, June 28, 2009

MORE Gardeny Goodness!

Remember this post from a few weeks ago? Well, we've had a really cool and rainy June this year, and our plants haven't minded one bit....




My zinnias are going to take over the building soon. If you never hear from me again, assume I've been strangled to death by one of these guys!

We're also going to have flowers soon! A few of my zinnias are budding!

And Graham's pot of wildflowers and native grasses are pretty large and in charge here....


Oh, and our tomatoes are doing reeeeeeeeeeeeeally well....


We've got tomato flowers!!!! We'll have vegetables soon enough, my friends.


Graham's marigolds are finally starting to bloom! We struggled with them early on this year, and they've finally figured out that the roots go down and the stems go up. Way to be, flowers. Way to be!


My herb "garden" is doing really, really well, too. I've been able to harvest some basil, and I'll be using my sage, dill, and parsley really soon, too. The pot in the foreground has been struggling, some, but my chives and the other herbs are doing okay despite the rain and oppressive humidity.


Our garden is really taking off! I'm really impressed with all we've accomplished so far this summer. I can't wait to use some of our tomatoes.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I owe you an e-mail -- I've been traveling for work and just crazy busy. I'll get to it either today or later this week, I promise!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. For serious.