Donorbox

Sunday, June 7, 2009

You can call him Mr. T

After our fish Prince died, we had to let his former home filter for about a week to clean our all the impurities he so graciously left behind. Saturday morning, Graham suggested we go get a fish to live in the tank. I figured, why not?

After a brief visit holding and squeezing the cats up for adoption at Petsmart, we decided on this lovely little red guy. We've had a few betas but they've all been blue. This little red guy spoke to me (figuratively speaking, of course) and he's a great addition to our fishy family. It's nice to have a red fish for a change,

We decided on the name Tolstoy for our fish. Why? Well, when I looked at him the first time, I thought, "He looks like a Tolstoy." Graham likes that we picked a Russian name for our Red fish. While Tolstoy wasn't exactly a communist, I have to admit...it's growing on me.


He's an entertaining little swimmer. I'd forgotten how much fun it can be to watch a beta swimming around in its tank, especially after Prince got sick and didn't much feel like moving. After 2 days with us, Tolstoy is still swimming around and seems to be enjoying his new home. Let's hope it stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. For serious.