Donorbox

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cue The Church Lady: "Well, isn't that special!"

Is it terrible that I channel Dana Carvey's Church Lady everytime something somewhat less than lovely happens to me? It's both a blessing and a curse.

Last year on Valentine's Day, I came down with a horrible fever and spent the day in bed. Graham was wonderful, but it pretty much killed the weekend. I always get sick around January and February, but last year it was intense.

This year, I've been surprisingly proud of myself all year. I've had a few hits with sickness here and there, but nothing that lasted too long. However, I've been coughing since last week and, after attending med school at Google University, Wikipedia State, and WebMD U., I decided that I most likely have bronchitis. Boooooooo!

Since I just had a doctor's appointment, and I hate being "that patient" who shows up more than once a month unless it's absolutely medically necessary, I've decided that I'm going to home medicate for the time being. And Mom? The phones have been unplugged, so don't try calling. :-)

I've been coughing a lot over the last few days, and today I felt like absolute crap. All day. It was really hard for me to keep up my energy for my last class. Hell, I'd completely forgotten about them! One of the kids stepped into my office while I was working on the alumni newsletter, and it took me a good 4 seconds before I figured out while I was looking at her. ::shakes fist at cough medicine::

My day at work was just long. Loooooooooooooooong. I hate to say it because it makes it sound like I don't enjoy my job, but today was the kind of day where I was looking at the clocking and saying, "It's only 11:30???" I couldn't shake the idea of going home and taking a nap.

Angie = sad.

I decided to work from home tomorrow, and perhaps even Friday. I just feel so tired, and it'll really be a Thursday night decision as to whether I go in on Friday or stay on my couch and write press releases while I keep one eye on the Olympic coverage.

So for tonight, it's me on the couch in my favorite pajamas with my blanket and my pillow, a few hundred glasses of water, and a bottle of Mucinex, coupled with some Bob Costas, Shaun White, Lindsey Vonn, and the interwebs.

Clearly, I milk this "sick" thing for all it's worth!

1 comment:

Tell me what you think. For serious.