Donorbox

Sunday, February 21, 2010

::hack, hack, cough, hack::

Ever hear the joke about the vampire's casket gone wild? He crashes into a drug store and says, "Do you have anything to stop this coffin?"

::rimshot::

Thus is my life. I've been coughing pretty frequently over the last week, and by now it's just ridiculous. Here it is, Sunday night, and instead of being appropriately lazy, I'm appropriately miserable. My chest is wicked pissed about all the coughing, and I'm starting to think my throat is going on strike. Body, don't fail me now!

I worked from home both Thursday and Friday. It was definitely a good thing, as walking into the building probably would have destroyed what's left of my immune system. I definitely feel better, but not great. If whatever is currently residing in my bronchioles would head on out, that would be suuuuuuuuuuuuper.

Graham's been watching Olympic curling all. weekend. long. It's not nearly as thrilling as the commentators want you to believe. But, everyone needs an Olympic sport, right? I've got rough n' tumble hockey, Graham has curling. Such is my life.

Last night, we packed up our wintery decorations and pulled out the St. Pat's stuff. It's more for my mental and emotional well-being more than anything else, but I've never liked the last 2 weeks of February. I find them completely unnecessary. If we could find a way to skip from February 14th to March 1st, I'd be a happier woman. I think we'd all be a little more emotionally stable, don't you? Spring starts showing up in March (it's supposed to, anyway), and the entire month revolves around St. Patrick's Day! What's not to love? Green beer, green clothes, more green beer, and corned beef! Gotta love St. Paddy's Day.

However, we realized that we have a pathetic number of decorations for St. Patrick's Day. Why so pathetic? We're both obnoxiously Irish! I want to get a flag pole bracket mounted somewhere outside the front of the house so we can fly the Irish flag. I figure that's the best way of annoucing our heritage to the new neighbors, don't you? Either that, or drunkenly stumble up and down Archer on March 14th and bemoan the loss of the South Side Irish parade. Klassy, no?

So....that's been the weekend. Completely uneventful and boring. I'm in the 83rd set of pajamas I've worn since Wednesday night, and I'm not-so-patiently waiting for U.S. vs. Canada hockey to take over my tv set. I'm thinking about another mug of tea, and my nukkas are warming my toes (which is fab, as my feet are perpetually cold this week).

Hopefully the Mucinex and Robitussen will start working their magic soon. I have professional development tomorrow at Marian Catholic HS, unless the snow decides otherwise. I could use another day to rest up, but I'm not counting on it. Snow days almost never happen in my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. For serious.