Donorbox

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

And now for something completely different...

I've come to the realization  that I have morphed into one of those people who is mildly obsessed with their cat. Excellent! Despite an obsession that may or may not be healthy (I'll leave that diagnosis to the social workers in the family), it leaves me with plenty of time to take pictures of my cat and carry on a few dozen conversations that begin and end with, "Meow?"

Jane loves feathers and strings. So what did she receive from Santa Paws this year? A bunch of feathers attached to a string! This provides hours of kitty and hooman entertainment. Wanna see? Sure you do!

Our vicious attack kitty approaches her prey by playing coy.

"Why hello there! What is this we have here..."
 Like any good attack kitty, she first plays with her prey, lulling it into a false sense of security.

"Bat...bat...bat....puuuuuuurrrrr!"
Then, she makes her move, attempting a capture using both front paws and her dastardly claws of doooom! 

"Haha! Weird bird-like thing, now you are mine!"
Then, she moves in for the kill! 

"Now, I bite you!"

The sweet taste of victory

"Mmm...weird bird-like thing, you are delicious!"
Then, her bird-ish toy escapes! Back to the hunt! 

"No, weird bird-like thing! You are mine!"
Suddenly, she's distracted by feathers... 

"Hey there, Mr. Weird Bird-Like Thing! Get in mah belly!"

"What are you looking at, hooman?"
She regains control of her prey, confident in her cat-like reflexes and superior intellect. 

"I'm the winner! Victory is mine!"
When the "bird" tries to make his escape, Jane fights back! 

"No! You iz MINE!"
Realizing her prey is gonna go down fighting, she changes tactics. 

"I will use my claws of steel to take you down!"
Finally, bored with the fight, she decides to engage in some friendly play. 

"I don't understand why you don't die....but you sure are pretty."

So. My obsession with my kitty is growing day by day. I'm okay with it. You should be, too.


P.S. Please excuse the disaster area that is currently our front room. Kitty & baby keep me busier than you'd think!

3 comments:

  1. i have 2 more for you to obsess over if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha....love the pictures and the commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Pets are people too, you know. At least that's what mine keep telling me...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. For serious.