Donorbox

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July Weekend

Fourth of July has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love pretty much everything about it, including the heat that comes along with it. Last summer, something I was most looking forward to was this summer and being able to share some of my favorite summer activities with my baby.

We started the weekend by dragging out the kiddie pool and letting Hannah "swim" a bit.














The morning of the Fourth, Graham and Hannah woke up early and had a little photo shoot on the front lawn.






All day, it seemed like Hannah knew what was going on. She wouldn't go down for a nap no matter what we did. We resorted to carrying her and wearing her all day in the Baby Bjorn. It was exhausting, but as long as she was with us she wasn't terribly fussy, so we went with it.

After a long afternoon, we decided to take Hannah for another swim while Graham grilled up some steaks and corn.







Right after we went swimming, Hannah had a complete meltdown. Zero to cranky in .0 seconds. I took her inside, cleaned her up, and put her straight to bed. She was down and out for the count before 6:30 p.m. and she didn't wake up until 6:30 this morning! How she slept through all the ruckus and home-grown fireworks displays out here, I'll never know. I must've checked on her 40 times last night--a total record! Normally I'll check on her once before I go to bed, but I kept sneaking upstairs to see how she was faring through all the sonic booms the city residents are known for. Thankfully, she's her mother's daughter, and she slept through it all.

In the words of my brother-in-law, Thanks America! Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. For serious.