1. Who was your first prom date?
Graham was, actually. Doesn't that make you sick?
2. Do you still talk to your first love?
I like to think I married him. AGAIN with the sickness!! I'll stop now, I promise.
3. What was your first alcoholic drink?
A wine cooler at Kate Shine's house in high school. Her mom made us swear on our graves we wouldn't tell anyone that she plyed minors with alcohol on New Year's Eve. We were so badass.
4. What was your first job?
Oy. Technically, it was babysitting, but that counts as child labor. I'd say the rectory receptionist position at my church. I started when I was 15 and it was an easy job. I got to do my homework and had to answer the door and take messages. However, my supervisor Mrs. B took the job way too seriously and would rake you over the coals for sneezing at the wrong time. I like to think she needed a stiff drink.
5. What was your first car?
'93 Chevy Corsica. I loved that car!
6. Who was the first person to text you today?
I dunno. I think it was Jay replying to my text.
7. Who was the first person you thought of this morning?
I'm not sure. Maybe Graham? Morning was a long time ago.
8. Who was your first grade teacher?
Sister Nora. She was a large Irish nun with a short fuse and no room for screwing around. I loved her!
9. Where did you go on your first flight in a plane?
Washington D.C. I was in high school and I was flying with a group of students from school. I was convinced the plane would crash.
10. Who was your first best friend and do you still talk?
A girl named Kerry Hoffman. We were besties from first grade through fourth, and then she moved. I doubt we'd still talk, even if she hadn't moved. For a long time I was a pariah. Hanging out with me could have been social suicide!
11. Where was your first sleepover?
I don't completely remember. It was probably the Girl Scout sleepover in the gym at school.
12. Who was the first person you talked to today?
Graham and Matt Lauer, same as always.
13. Whose wedding were you in for the first time?
I think it was my cousin Kristen's, in 2004. July 3rd. Hottest day of the summer. Black dresses. Free drinks.
14. What was the first thing you did this morning?
Got all cranky that it was Monday.
15. What was the first concert you went to?
Don't laugh: Backstreet Boys at the Rosemont Horizon. Blech.
16. First tattoo?
I'm hoping it will be a celtic knot or cross. Gotta do that before I have kids!
17. First piercing?
My ears. My mom had them done when I was a baby.
18. First foreign country you went to?
England! January 2004.
19. First movie you remember seeing?
Either Land Before Time (the original) or Oliver and Company.
20. What state (province) did you first live in?
Illinois and so far only Illinois.
21. Who was your first roommate?
Samantha Wall from Palistine, IL. She was a bit strange. A neat freak with a love of naptime. We didn't room together for long.
22. When was your first detention?
I was in junior high school. I think it was for demerits.
23. When was your first kiss?
24. What is one thing you would learn, given the chance?
Another language. I'd like to improve my Spanish and learn Russian or French, just for the hell of it.