Donorbox

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Weekly Update: 23 Weeks

How far along? 23 weeks, 4 days. Whoa.

How big is baby? Still hovering around 1lb, and a whopping 12 inches long! That explains A LOT.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Up 4lbs since last month, which means my "10 lb" weight gain a few weeks ago probably wasn't accurate. Oh well. My dr. isn't concerned, so I'm not.

Next Appointment: Saw Doc Holliday yesterday, and will probably be back in 2 weeks for a special appointment. My glucose test is coming up, too. Woo-freaking-hoo.

Maternity Clothes: Or, whatever fits.

Sleep: A bit wonky now that we have Jane. Hopefully we'll all adjust to one another sooner rather than later.

Best Moment This Week: Well, it's a toss up. Just getting through this week was an effort in and of itself. But also getting to talk out some of my concerns with my doctor made me feel a lot better.

Annoyance of the Week: Being told by a few people to "be careful" until I reach 30 weeks. A secretary at work had her baby at 23 weeks, so now she's super concerned I'll go into labor early too. And anyone I met while I was out running errands told me to be careful because they all know someone who had a baby in the 20 week period. Thanks guys, you're making me feel AWESOME. Keep up the good work.

Movement: Plenty! She likes ice cream, which makes me happy. We're going to get along just fine if this keeps up!

Planning/Preparation: Still no change from last week. I need to call my "special nurse" back and start checking in with her.

Belly Button In/Out: I have this weird ridge on my belly button when I'm standing up. It's like it's trying to stay in for me, but it's fighting a losing battle.
Gender: Girl. Definitely a girl.

What I Miss: Not being touched.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Weird as it sounds, talking more in-depth with Doc Holliday about this pregnancy-depression thing.

Contractions: Nada.
 
Milestones?: She can feel movement and hear music more than ever before, so being able to dance and sing and move around and feel her moving in response (or protesting to the music of Glee) has been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. For serious.