Donorbox

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Weekly Update: 25 Weeks

How far along? 25 weeks, 3 days. Holy sheet!


How big is baby? Approximately the weight of a rutabega, and about 13.5 inches long. And this week it defintiely feels like it!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm thinking I've gained a pound or two now. I've been trying to increase my caloric intake now that work is in full swing again. I'm getting hungry faster and earlier!

Next Appointment: Soon.

Maternity Clothes: I need to find work clothes. My comfy maternity jeans aren't "work appropriate".

Sleep: Doing okay. It's easier to sleep when my cat isn't walking on me at 4:30 a.m.

Best Moment This Week: Graham got to feel the baby kick on Saturday night! She was rolling around and kicking pretty hard, so I thought we had a brief window of time for him to feel her before she stopped. Sure enough, after a few seconds she gave me a pretty powerful kick to the upper stomach, and Graham said, "Was that her? WOW!" It's been one of the best moments so far.

Annoyance of the Week: Getting a lesson on healthy fruits and vegetables from a few women at work who don't eat healthy themselves. One coworker tried to shove an orange on me the other day. I like orange juice, but I can't eat oranges--it's a texture thing. I told her no, and this other lady in the office--who doesn't even work for my school, btw--starts up with, "Are you eating healthy? You have to eat fruits and vegetables!" I insisted that I do--I have been, I swear! And she gives me the eyes that say, "I clearly know more about this than you," and she asked me if I could name what I've been eating so she could appropriately judge if I've actually been eating healthy. Unfreakingreal.

A close friend is going through chemo right now, and we both like to complain about our public signs of a very private and personal issue. For her, everyone comments on her hair or lackthereof. For me, everyone wants to know if I'm taking care of myself. And the best part? It doesn't matter who!! I can be at the grocery store and I'll get stopped by strangers. She can be pumping gas and someone tells her that she'll beat cancer (which she doesn't have, ironically). We're both struggling with not getting stabby on people who stick their nose in where it doesn't belong.

Movement: Plenty. Hannah's still a big fan of standing on my cervix and dancing. Liz, I think we've got a ballerina on our hands here. Heaven help us!

Planning/Preparation: Doing lots of research on baby products before the register-palooza this weekend.

Belly Button In/Out: It's flat. I don't have much time left.

Gender: Girl. Definitely a girl.

What I Miss: A pain-free cervix.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Getting her bedroom done.

Contractions: Nada.

Milestones?: Being told I've "popped" finally! I feel huge, but everyone says I'm small. Hearing that I've popped makes me feel a little less bloated and a little more human. I know that I'm small and in a few weeks I'm going to wish I was still small...and I don't mind being on the tiny side! I just hate feeling like a VW bug.

1 comment:

Tell me what you think. For serious.