Donorbox

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Good morrow, fair lords and ladies...

At the beginning of the summer, I "casually" hinted that I'd like to go visit Bristol Renaissance Faire. Graham and I were there in August 2001 right before he left for college and neither of us had been back since. I enjoyed my experience the first time and anyone who knows me and knows me well knows that I'm always up for a little Shakespearean action and a throwback to the good ole 15 & 1600s...

The entrance to ye olde faire....

The Mud Show: The Greatest Show IN EARTH!

It's not theatre in the round, it's theatre in the ground!

Man, those jokes never get old....

This crazy lady likes to hang out at "My Playce".

It's not a faire without a vegetable-throwing stand! Note the sign on the left...

"Do not participate if you are easily offended!"

Merlin.

My trip to the faire wouldn't have been complete without a turkey leg the size of my head.

And look! A boat!

The guy on stage was hurling stuff at people. Clearly it's a theme at ren faires.



Graham and I have a photo with this lady from August 2001. It's one of my favorite photos, and I was truly pleased to see that she was still alive 8 years later. Graham wasn't too keen on taking a photo with her, but as far as I see it, it's tradition! Now we're two for two with her. I don't know her name, but she's a pretty cool gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. For serious.