Donorbox

Thursday, October 8, 2009

(Home) Inspector Gadget

This afternoon, we're going to have our home inspection done. We're meeting right after school at the house, and it's supposed to last about 2 hours. After that, we'll know if the house has anything major that needs to be repaired. Because we're buying the home via estate sale, the seller most likely won't fix any repairs unless they're small, so we're preparing to ask for a credit back. However, we could be surprised and have a seller who's willing to fix the things we want fixed.

I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the inspection. I know they'll find things that will be wrong and need to be fixed. I know that it won't technically be a clean bill of health, but I still have a feeling I'm going to be upset if the list is longer than I expect it to be. We'll make it work, but I'm not gonna like it.

Hopefully, the inspection will only turn up small fixes that we can take care of or the seller will take care of those things for us. If it turns up something really huge...well, we'll worry about that when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. For serious.