Donorbox

Sunday, March 7, 2010

What else is new?

Oy. Right about now, I'm thinking, "It's Sunday night already?" Of course, I say that having napped a good 3 hours this afternoon.

(Angie is lazy.)

Lately we've been busy, and I'm looking forward to the next few weeks (moreso than Graham, but more on that later).

The last few days have been busy. Dad G had a birthday this week, so in addition to opening his new Wii on Tuesday (yippee!), he was taken out to dinner on Saturday night by Mom G, and Graham and I surprised him by meeting them at the restaurant. It was a good time, and I loved my Olive Garden breadsticks. They were pretty fantastic if you ask me.

Afterwards, we returned to their home and helped them break in the new Wii. Graham and I showed them how to box, and I learned that 4 glasses of wine makes it pretty impossible for me to keep my title as "Wii Boxing Champion".

Today, we had a pretty fabulous afternoon--we bought paint!!! I've been counting down to this day for months now, and I'm so glad it arrived. Graham is going to do some prep work this week so we can start painting before the weekend. You have no idea how indecisive you are until you're presented with 35,940 paint colors from which to choose.

Choices aside, we picked up the last of the remaining supplies that we needed, some primer, and all the paint we needed. After the bedroom's done, we're going to work on the dining room, and maybe even one of the upstairs bedrooms. However, given some of the other things that are coming up this month, upstairs is probably going on the backburner.

Aside: Graham would like you all to know how I bugged him relentlessly to start painting until he actually went out and bought supplies and paint. Hey, when you promise me paint and can't fulfill, I get antsy! But, I did bother him relentlessly, and today he held up his end of the deal so we can get this show on the road, so snaps to Graham.

Now, I'm just sitting and watching the Oscars and praying for a rain day tomorrow. Now that the snow's just about melted, maybe we'll get a day off for rain instead? I can hope, right???

1 comment:

Tell me what you think. For serious.