Donorbox

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

....And so it begins.

The title of this particular post is actually a slight misnomer. We've gotten a number of gifts and donations over the last few months, but getting this in the mail a few weeks ago really left me gobsmacked.

My cousin-in-law, Tracy, can't make it to the baby shower. I knew people wouldn't be able to make it, but I never actually thought that some of them might send gifts instead. I wasn't expecting it because really, I don't think about it. I'm definitely humbled and shocked when someone sends a gift to me--for any reason--and getting this in the mail was a huge attitude booster for the day and generally just made me happy.


After my friend Lisa had her son, I became totally enamored by her plastic booster seat. I thought that it was pretty much one of the greatest inventions since....ever?! I've always been pretty aware of what restaurants have high chairs and which don't, and I always made a mental note of which restaurants have high chairs that look like they could collapse or give someone malaria or some strange thyroid syndrome. When we registered a few months ago, I made sure I popped this baby on the registry so we can keep it in the car for when we eat out or visit friends. I was SO excited to get this in the mail a few weeks ago, and it was even better when I saw the little book she sent with it. I love to read and can't wait to read to the baby, so getting little books like this makes me excited--I can't wait to hunker down with her in January and read this!

When we opened the box, after we ooohed and aaahed, we stopped and looked at each other. Graham looked back at the booster seat and said, "Well that just made it a lot more real!" You said it, buster! It's crazy how much more real it's becoming each day. Wow. I tell you what....wow!

Thanks Tracy! You're tops, you.

1 comment:

  1. a) that book is just ... awesome
    b) i still need to get me one of them seats and really kick myself that we don't have one whenever we visit family, especially.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think. For serious.