Donorbox

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

The G's are sitting in the living room right now enjoying the National Dog Show on television. We watched the parade on TV like every year and I'm proud to say that I haven't missed a Macy's Thanksgiving parade in years. It's my favorite Thanksgiving tradition, just like mashed potatoes and Uncle Festus.

I'll be sure to post a house update later (it's a good story, I tell ya) but since today is our national day of giving thanks, it's only appropriate I make sure I show my appreciation and thanks for all the good, wonderful things in my life.

I'm thankful for my God, who reminds me everyday that even in my darkest hours, there's hope.

I'm thankful for my husband who has been so strong for me in the last few weeks. He's been strong for me when I couldn't be, and he's an incredible partner in crime and in life.

I'm thankful that we have a place to live today. No, it's not our house, but it's safe and warm and filled with love.

I'm thankful for my friends who will drop anything they're doing to listen to me whine and complain about the silliest, most minute of complaints and will--for whatever reason--still love me in the morning.

I'm thankful for my job. Both of us are blessed to be employed right now, especially when so many are struggling financially.

I'm thankful for my family. Even when I have nowhere to go and no one to turn to, I'll find support and strength with them.

I'm thankful for my in-laws, who have taken me in as one of their own and made me a part of the family.

I hope you stop and give your family members and loved ones a hug today! Give thanks for the greatness that you see in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. For serious.