Donorbox

Friday, November 20, 2009

Just kidding..

Well, we're clear with FHA, so we can stop holding our breath there. They like everything they see, so realistically we'd be able to close, right? Wrong. Now IHDA wants more information. We need to give them our most recent paystubs AND a copy of my contract so I can prove how much I'm making this year. And the kicker is that we might make too much for them to approve it.

Figures. The reason we started working with IHDA is because they work closely with CPS teachers to help them own a home. What I want to know is how in the hell they can possibly think that 2 teachers in the city of Chicago make too MUCH for them to help out? Really? Never in my life have I looked at my pay stub and said, "Wow...I'm making far too much. Really, I'm overpaid."

Dang it. And I really thought that this might just be it. Naturally, we wouldn't be turned away for having bad credit or no credit at all, or because our debt to income ratio is too high. We won't be turned away because we have 4 cars and defaulted on our credit cards. No. There's a chance that we could be turned down for making too much money. Unfrigginbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. For serious.