Donorbox

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Best of 2009

For the rest of 2009, I'll be participating in the Best of 2009 Blog Challenge created by Gwen Bell. Check it out!

-----

December 1st, 2009 (So I'm a bit behind, okay?)

What was your best trip in 2009?

I'm torn on this one. On one hand, I want to say that our belated honeymoon to Hawaii was the best trip ever (for the time being) because we were in freaking paradise together. We experienced so much that we're still trying to decide which was our favorite part of the trip--was it the snorkeling? The whale watching? The delicious food at Kimo's? The amazing hike into the rainforest? Swimming in a waterfall? GAH! It's impossible to narrow it all down. Ultimately, it was an incredible trip and I don't regret it for a moment.

On the other hand, there was my semi-impromptu trip to L.A. THAT was one hell of a trip! The simplicity of it was the best. "What do we want to do today?" The views and the beauty of that area of the country are truly spectacular. The ocean is incredible and I really liked being able to stick my feet in both ends of Pacific Ocean, in the same year no less! Descanso Gardens was beautiful, and The Getty Center was stunning. Those are numbers 2 and 3 on my list to see the next time we go back to California! Number 1, of course, is Abi! Without question, my favorite part of the whole trip were the discussions we had about everything and anything under the sun. We spent hours talking over tea and chicken and beer and wine. There are really fantastic phone conversations to be hand, but nothing beats talking to your best friend in person.

I'm really blessed to have gone on some fantastic trips this year, and I know the coming year will only get better! First, we get to plan our trip to Ireland (2011), and then there's Maine and Rhode Island (hopefully), and of course Orlando next November. I love to travel, and I can't wait to find out what adventures are laying in wait for us in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. For serious.