Donorbox

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A short update

Well, all the underwriter's conditions have been submitted. The seller got in whatever paperwork was needed, and the paperwork we had the foresight to submit the last time we got a set of disclosures was also submitted. Our loan processor submitted the last of the conditions this morning at 7:30 a.m. (whoa) and said that turn-around time is 24-48 hours. Ideally, we'll hear something by this time tomorrow night, but it's more likely that we'll know something by this time Friday night. On the off chance it's bad news, it could seriously ruin our weekend.

After my ridiculous calling and the emails I've sent to everyone in the banking industry (at this rate, I'm pretty sure Ben Bernacke is going to get an angry phone call from me) it seems that we're nearly at the end of the road. Of course, I thought that before and it blew up in our faces, so we're not getting too hopeful.

After speaking to the processor tonight, we are confident that this is the last step. However, it's not certain that the underwriter won't ask for another set of disclosures or more paper or a blood test. But, once the underwriter is finally happy, we should close. Is it possible we'll have an anniversary closing? Abso-freaking-lutely.

I sent one last email to our loan officer's boss. It seems that this is the only real way that anything happens, and if that's what has to happen then I'm totally and completely cool with it. Bosses don't like to be involved, so roping them into the battle gets this stuff done! I highly advise anyone else entering into homeownership to find out who the men and women in charge are and get their numbers on speed dial!

After talking to the processor tonight, I'm really nervous that the house of cards will collapse. She told me again and again how clients she's working with can't get loans from the bank and how unfair this whole process is. OH JOY. ::eyeroll:: Exactly what I wanted to hear!

So that's all for now. Hopefully the next time I update it will be with good news! I can't wait for someone to call me and tell me my closing date--for real this time. If I get another phone call and it's "More disclosures" and "We need more documents," I think---nah, scratch that--I know I'm going to scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. For serious.