Donorbox

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Weekly Update: 27 Weeks

How far along? 27 weeks, 4 days. WHO LET THIS HAPPEN????

How big is baby? Roughly 2lbs, give or take. Shooooooooooooooot. And long.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm guessing somewhere around 10 or 11 lbs since I started keeping track. The bathroom scale gave me a scary number this week....

Next Appointment: Soon. And I go in for my glucose test on Friday. Yay.

Maternity Clothes: I may never go back to buttons and zippers.

Sleep: Better if I didn't wake up twice a night to use the bathroom. If this is a preview of the next year, I. am. PISSED.

Best Moment This Week: Crossing into 3rd tri! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!

Annoyance of the Week: Sleep. Not getting enough of it. Amen. And leg cramps that wake me up in the middle of the night? Yeah. You can go to hell.

Movement: Plenty! I've started doing kick counts because I can feel so much action in there. Doc Holiday told me to pay attention during her active periods and to count at least 10 distinct movements during a 2 hour period. What does it mean when she hits an active period and I can feel 10 distinct movements in a 30 minute period?

Planning/Preparation: We NEED to actually go and pick out some furniture, but in the meantime I've been doing a lot of research. We've also started looking into classes at the hospital...breastfeeding, etc. And, after a trip to Menard's, I picked out some paint swatches for her bedroom.

Belly Button In/Out: I'd rather not talk about it.

Gender: Girl. Definitely a girl.

What I Miss: Sangria! Pretty much everything.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Getting the nursery started, let alone finished.

Contractions: None that I can feel.

Milestones?: Lots! Getting 2/3 of the way through this pregnancy gives me a little hope that the end is indeed near. And, making it to the 27th week means I've hit viability week! By Friday, if she were to be born then she'd have at least a 75% chance of survival. And, she's starting to open her eyes and blink. Sorry, Hannah--there's not much to look at inside right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. For serious.