Donorbox

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Weekly Update: 29 weeks

How far along? 29 weeks, 3 days.

How big is baby? About 2 1/2 pounds and about 15 inches long. Think: butternut squash. Or as long as the front wheel on an original Big Wheel.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: According to my dr., I'm up FIFTEEN pounds since my first appointment. WHA?? And it can only go up from here. I know I'm supposed to gain weight, but dayum.

Next Appointment: Two weeks. I've graduated to two appointments a month!

Maternity Clothes: I have forgotten how to use buttons and zippers.

Sleep: I'm falling asleep fast, I'm just not staying asleep. I haven't woken up rested in months.

Best Moment This Week: Finding out I passed my glucose test. Phew!

Annoyance of the Week: Trying to remember to get enough Vitamin C. I've been back at work 6 weeks already, and kids are already getting the sniffles.

Movement: Her active periods are active. Sometimes I get a swift kick to my spleen or some other realigned organ and sheesh....it's like I've grounded her already or something--she seems mad.

Planning/Preparation: I'm still reading all the books and making sure I'm ready or readyish for every week/all the next steps. Our dining room paint job should be done or partially done by the end of the weekend, so all we'll have to worry about is painting the nursery. I've also set the dates for my maternity leave (at least in my mind), so knowing there's an end in sight is pretty great. Only 42 more days of work before I go on leave! (And that's provided baby stays where she needs to...though I don't anticipate delivering much earlier than the date I go on leave anyway. It's still a little early, but even my doctor thinks baby will stay nice and snug for a while.)

Belly Button In/Out: Out. ::sniff:: ::tear:: My efforts at poking at it and pushing it back in, all while shouting, "NO! Stay IN! Stay in, dammit!!!" have failed.

Gender: Still female.

What I Miss: Beer.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Maternity leave. My shower next month. Not peeing 14 times a day. Pants that zipper.
Contractions: So I'm a dumb ass. I've been having BH contractions for months now and just wasn't aware of it. I just figured that my stomach was getting harder at night or after lunch because my body is friggin' weird. It wasn't until lunch today when I felt my stomach tighten, relax, and tighten again that I said, "OH!" ::facepalm::

Milestones?: The end of the 20 week updates! Next week....GULP. Wow. After next week it basically becomes a matter of time. If she's born between 30 and 37 weeks, she's still considered premature/preterm, but ideally she'll be pretty healthy. From 35 or 36 weeks on, they won't stop labor if it starts, sooooo....yeah. We gotta get that nursery painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. For serious.